Thursday, September 18, 2014

Things I Like in London: Columbia Road Flower Market


Markets are a big thing in London. Food markets, vintage clothing markets, antique markets, flower markets, flea markets, all-kinds-of-markets. 
Although I often find myself in Spitalfields market (near a cupcakery. oh-oh!) and every other Sunday go to Bricklane market for a salmon bagel... my favourite London market so far is Columbia Road Flower Market. It's a wonderful place that makes me want to read all the gardening books in the world, move to the village and have a huge garden.  


Columbia Road Market is the kind of place you want to be on a Sunday morning. Londoners are crowding only to buy some fresh flowers, sellers are shouting, dogs are barking excitedly. And it smells of roses and lilac and coriander and lavender and rosemary and lily of the valley altogether.
I couldn't resist buying a bunch of smiling sunflowers. And a succulent. 
But I would have bought everything if I could. 
I definitely need more plants in my life. But after killing an innocent succulent I might need to educate myself on the matter first.  


Markets have become my little weekend ritual here in London. How about you? Are you in the mood for a salmon bagel and some flower shopping?

3 comments:

  1. I love markets too... And it seems that flower market could easily become my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! How lovely this weekend ritual has become for you. Every weekend I buy myself a bouquet of flowers that I separate into vases around the house. I also need more plants in my life, but I am terrible with them. I wish that wasn't the case, but sadly, I can't even keep a succulent alive either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi and thanks for the blogs. I liked the reading through the blog. the pictures in the blogs were awesome.Thanks for sharing such an awesome idea.
    korea flower
    seoul flower

    ReplyDelete

An old myth says that if you leave from a blog without sharing your opinion about a post, a little raccoon will sneak in your room tonight and it will steal your favourite pair of socks! Beware!