Friday, May 27, 2011

Read of the Month: May


You might know Roald Dahl as one of the greatest storytellers for children of the 20th century. His most famous book - "Charlie and the Chocolate Factoy" was adapted into two major motion pictures, that are both worth seeing.
"My Uncle Oswald" is an adults' novel that is just as good as Dahl's children's stories and proves he can entertain both audiences equally well. The plot is so original and trustworthy that you can easily believe it's a true story. It is absolutely hilarious and you simply cannot resist reading another chapter.
I didn't know anything about the book or the plot and it made it even more interesting, so I wouldn't spoil it for you, either. If you find "My Uncle Oswald", read it - it is the perfect summer treat.

2 comments:

  1. #1: This photo just made my day!
    #2: I had no idea Dahl wrote books for adults, James and the Giant Peach is one of my all time favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have a big book that houses a collection of some of his short stories (and abbreviated versions of some of his books). his stories are well-loved here :) we'll have to check out 'my uncle oswald'.

    ReplyDelete

An old myth says that if you leave from a blog without sharing your opinion about a post, a little raccoon will sneak in your room tonight and it will steal your favourite pair of socks! Beware!