Sunday, January 02, 2011

2011!


I am not very familiar with traditions in different countries, but here in Bulgaria we believe that New Year's Eve is the perfect time for wishes. That is why we bake a special pastry called banitsa and put different fortunes inside, plus a 1 lev coin (app 50 cent), which symbolizes wealth. At exactly 00.00h, when the new year arrives, everybody picks a slice and reads his own fortune for the year. I was lucky enough to pick a slice with both the coin and a fortune, yay! My fortune was just the one I wanted - "adventures in another country". Let's all hope new year fortunes do come true, haha!

I want to wish you all a very happy, successful, beautiful, adventurous and peaceful year full of love and wisdom!

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. And to you! What a sweet way to ring in the new year (in NZ we just tend to drink lots of bubbly, he!). And thanks for your comment on my post - I really needed a reminder not to give up hope, so thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sincerely hope you get what the fortune says! That photo is so shiny and brilliant. I love it! Happy New Year! I've never heard of banitsa before reading your post, but now I want some! Can you eat it even if it's not New Year's Eve anymore? :)

    teri at tintedseaglass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Lily! I sent you a package maybe you will receive it in one to two weeks! Much love, light and joy to you in 2011!!

    ReplyDelete

An old myth says that if you leave from a blog without sharing your opinion about a post, a little raccoon will sneak in your room tonight and it will steal your favourite pair of socks! Beware!