Friday, December 03, 2010

Calendar!


This calendar was planned a long time ago, but I guess I had to clear my head off of everything else (by still not having my laptop fixed) to remind myself of the idea. Drawing it was a real adventure, actually. Firstly, when I finished with half of the months and planned the pictures of the other half, Dexter came out of nowhere to lick all of the little cards and smear the ink. Cute, right? So, I started all over again... and at the time I was colouring the sweet July cherries, the electricity went off. For the whole night! I was too excited about the calendar to leave it half done, that I finished the rest on candle light. How romantic is that?
I used super pretty recycled cardboard paper and my favourite fountain-pen and I actually like this calendar more than the one I had started on Photoshop. Moreover, it's one of a kind!


xoxo

5 comments:

  1. you are an amazing illustrator. wow. this is beautiful.
    morgan said you were freakishly talented.

    do you sell your work somewhere? do you have an esty shop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous and a true one of kind. I wish it was on the computer so could purchase one myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! simply beautiful! I love how it's recycled and looks so professional - nice work girl!! :)

    http://nataliebrooke.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely adorable!!! Are you planning to sell these on Etsy?
    xoxo
    ~Jo~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    I love your calendar! I think my favourite page is August with the cute little bikes. The recycled paper is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete

An old myth says that if you leave from a blog without sharing your opinion about a post, a little raccoon will sneak in your room tonight and it will steal your favourite pair of socks! Beware!